Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Tuesday 10 February 2015

Harfield Village Carnival 2015


Hello again lovely readers,

I am sure that you have noticed me hinting at the market I am going to attend, but I decided that it was high time that I actually gave you some more details.
Last year I went to an indoor market at Longbeach Mall and I met a lovely lady called Lucretia who was selling her crochet goods. We started chatting about our shared love for crochet and we exchanged details. Fast forward to this year. Lucretia contacted me some time in January to tell me that she was working with the Harfield Village Carnival and she wanted to know if I would be interested in having a stall.

To be honest I had not been so sure about going to markets because it is summer in South Africa and that means most days it is like 32 degrees C and even doing crochet is very hot never mind wearing it. I was also admittedly a little nervous of trying to figure out who to contact about getting a stall and how the whole process worked. So when Lucretia contacted me and sent me all the required forms I just felt like it was meant to be.

So what am I planning to sell?
Beanies, scarves, wrist warmers, bags, bracelets, milk jug covers (aka fly nets), head bands, shawls, and possibly some cushion covers if I have time.

So what happened to me complaining about the South African heat?
Well I figured that

Okay well it is only March so it is more like Autumn is coming... but since February is often the hottest month hopefully things will be better in March. Otherwise I suppose the fly nets will do well. Heehee.

Well that is it from me for today,
Keep drinking tea,
Diella

No comments:

Post a Comment