Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Tuesday 8 April 2014

Diella on piercings

Hello again, Diella here.

Today I am going to be giving you my opinion on piercings. Obviously from my first post you can tell that I am not against piercings/body modification.

I feel that piercings, if well thought through, can be a valuable addition to one's body. But I also feel that piercings do need to be thought through and researched before you go out and get one. I did a few silly things when I was younger that I did not really think through. Thankfully I do not regret any of them but I am very lucky that that is so. Since I was 18 I have not got any piercings that I have not spent a lot of time thinking about and researching. I usually wait a year or two before getting a piercing so that I know that I really do want it. Some of my piercings I have waited over 3 years for to be sure that I want them.  Research is also important because some piercings can have complications. For example there is a risk with lip piercings that they can chip at your tooth enamel, this can lead to dental problems, or just a chance that your medical aid will not want to pay for your dental care. These are all things to keep in mind.

The piercings that I have are: 3 lobe piercings in each ear, one cartilage piercing in each ear, septum piercing and a navel piercing... I also have one or two more personal piercings which I got just for me as a private part of my journey in life which I will not be sharing much information on.  
I did not get any of my more esoteric piercings until I was 18. I always just had my ear piercings before that. I feel that this was a good way for me to do this, I think that this was also partly encouraged by my mother. To be honest I feel that usually people do not really know what they want to do for the rest of their lives until they are out of school for sometime. Even sometimes longer than that. Only at 22 can I say that I have a reasonably sure idea of what I want to do with myself. Why does all this matter? Because some piercings can limit your job opportunities.

If I had children I would allow/encourage them to get ear lobe piercings if they wanted. Even while they were at school, since most schools allow a certain number of lobe piercings. Then I would probably encourage them to wait until they had left school and had more clue of what they wanted to do in the future, for them to get more esoteric piercings which are visible. Obviously things like navel piercings are a little different because if you wanted to do a job which did not allow many piercings... you probably would not be allowed to expose your navel either.

Other than that, I love piercings. I think that they are beautiful and that they can really help you to enjoy your body. I know numerous people, including myself that have pierced parts of their bodies which they had trouble accepting and now feel happier with that part of their body.

Other piercings that I would get?
I love facial piercings like lip piercings, cheek piercings and nose piercings (not septum, I have one already)... BUT Sheep is not keen on facial piercings, and I have friends who have taken theirs out and the holes have not closed. That is not something that I am ready to deal with yet. Maybe in the future.
Ear tunnels/stretching/plugs I think that these are super beautiful but I don't now what size I would go up to. I also need to do more research into how much your ears can shrink back when you remove them. Oh, and again Sheep is not keen.
Dermals.... nope. Unless piercing technology changes a lot, at the moment they seem to be prone to infections, not healing and loads of rejections. Too much trouble for a piercing in my oppinion.
Genital... not considering it at this stage
Tragus... I am concerned to what extent this piercing will affect my hearing. But they are really pretty.
Tongue. No. My friend took hers out because the cleaning was too much admin, and she kept swallowing the balls so she needed spare ones with her all the time.
Eyebrow. No. I like them on men. I don't want to get one myself.
Conch... Don't know yet.
Web or Smilie. Maybe. I will have to see how much they can affect your teeth.  

That is it from me on piercings for today. :) If you have any questions please feel free to ask me in the comments down below or email me and I will try and get back to you/ write a post on it. My email address in on the right.

Keep drinking tea!
Diella

Xxx

To be updated/ future piercing posts:

Diella on Piercings (You are here)
Morag on Piercings 
General piercing guide
Lobe and Cartilage piercings
Navel Piercing
Septum Piercing 

No comments:

Post a Comment